- Adjust dependencies version, as
request-oauthlib are incompatible with peertube process in their new versions
pytz as explicit dependency since the previous unexplicit dependancy now install
pytz-deprecation-shim - which does not work
- Remove peertube-mirror link as it's now (unfortunately) a dead project (fix #63)
- Fix an error when setting log level in configuration
--heartbeat option to send request to youtube API, avoiding youtube to disabling you API account if you do not upload video often (Thanks @Zykino see #54)
- Rework and improve genconfig process to avoid erasing existing configuration and make it more easy to use
- Add a
prismedia-init script when installing prismedia to easily generate basic configuration (see #55)
- Update multiple dependencies used for prismedia as they were very old.
- Add auto search for thumbnail in
.png in addition to
- Add pagination for youtube playlist to search for all user playlists (Thanks @Zykino)
- Remove file format check for both videos and thumbnail as Youtube and Peertube now accepts more than .mp4 and .jpg (see #60)
- Add the configuration of Original date of Record for Youtube and Peertube (see #50)
- Add a progress bar when uploading on Peertube (Thanks @Zykino, see #52)
- Fix the pagination for Peertube playlist, as index begins at 0, not 1
- Fix a typo in log (missing space when displaying thumbnail) (see #49)
- Add pagination when searching playlist in Peertube as default pagination show only 14 playlists (see #41)
- Add a check to avoid uploading video on Peertube with more than 5 tags (see #48)
- Revert the workaround for Youtube playlist bug now the bug is fixed by Youtube (see #47)
- Fix a bug introduced with v0.10.0 that broke thumbnail on youtube upload.
- Add the possibility to specify strict checks option to never forgot parameters when uploading (see #36)
- Improve logging system, add options for batch upload and print url-only in the stdout (see #29)
- --debug option is now deprecated in favor of --log=debug
- Workaround against the Youtube API breakdown while adding video in playlist. See #47 for details. Should be removed once Google fix their bugs.
- Possibility to bypass the MIME check for .mp4 when the user is sure of its video (#46 , thanks to @zykino)
- Now available with pip for installation! (See the README for doc)
Upgrade from v0.8.0
Now using poetry for packaging and installing! It's easier to maintain and publish package, but means changes when using prismedia from command line.
Using poetry (recommanded)
- use prismedia from the command line directly from your path:
Prismedia is now seen as a python module, so you need to use
python -m prismedia instead of
Once you have pulled the new v0.9.0, you may update by using:
pip install -r requirements.txt
# Then use prismedia through python command line:
python -m prismedia -h
- Prismedia now uses poetry to allow easier installation usage and build, see the README (fix #34)
- Add two new options to schedule video by platform. You may now use youtubeAt and peertubeAt to prepare previews (fix #43)
- Enhance the NFO system to allow a hierarchical loading of multiple NFO, with priorities. See README and prismedia/samples for details (fix #11)
Now work with python 3! Support of python 2 is no longer available.
You should now use python 3 in order to use prismedia
- Add a requirements.txt file to make installing requirement easier.
- Add a debug option to show some infos before uploading (thanks to @zykino)
- Now uploading to Peertube before Youtube (thanks to @zykino)
Fix bug #42 , crash on Peertube when video has only one tag
Support Peertube channel additionally with playlist for Peertube!
Peertube only as channel are Peertube's feature. See #40 for details.
- Best uses of special chars in videoname, channel name and playlist name
- Some fixes in logging message for better lisibility
- Readme features list improved for better lisibility
- Fix #33, no more trying to add a video into a playlist when the playlist does not exist on Youtube
- fix #39, patch the playlist name check when playlist contains special chars
Fix Critical bug #38 that prevent upload when creating playlists on Peertube, as public playlist need a non-null channel_id.
Warning: your Peertube instance should be at least in v1.3.0 to use this new functionality.
New feature, the Peertube playlists are now supported!
We do not use channel in place of playlist anymore.
This fix prepares the python3 compatibility.
Warning you need a new prerequisites: python-unidecode
- Remove mastodon tags (mt) options as it's deprecated. Compatibility between Peertube and Mastodon is complete.
- Simplify python2 specific functions
- fix an error when playlists on Peertube have same names but not same display names (issue #20)
- fix an error where videos does not upload on Peertube when some characters are used in playlist(issue #19)
Beware, the first launch of prismedia for youtube will reask for credentials, this is needed for playlists.
This release is fully compatible with Peertube v1.0.0!
- Add the possibility to upload thumbnail.
- Add the possibility to configure playlist. (thanks @zykino for Peertube part)
- Use the API instead of external binaries for publishAt for both Peertube and Youtube. (thanks @zykino)
- Use the console option to authenticate against youtube for easier use with ssh'ed servers
- Add -f as an alias for --file for easier upload.
- plan your Peertube videos! Stable release
- Support for Peertube beta4
- More examples in NFO
- Better support for multilines descriptions
- Display datetime for output
- plan video only if upload is successful